Ideal Qualities of a Surrogate Mother
The following are some ‘ideal qualities’ of a Surrogate Mother:
- No history of serious pregnancy/delivery/postpartum complications
- No history of premature birth
- Non-smoker and non-smoking house-hold or willing to abstain before and during the pregnancy
- Height and weight proportionate
- Be willing to travel out of your area of residence (with a travel companion paid for by the Intended Parents) to a fertility clinic
*Please note that clinic requirements vary and a Surrogate Mother does not necessarily have to meet all these ‘ideal qualities.’* If you do not meet all these qualities, it does not exclude you from becoming a Surrogate Mother. Proud Fertility strives to be inclusive and will support every compassionate Surrogate Mother ready to embark on this life-changing journey.